COTTESLOE 2014: CALL FOR ARTIST SUBMISSIONS
Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2014 will be held from 7 - 24 March 2014 and we are currently accepting artist submissions for the exhibition. Last year we received a record number of submissions with 220 works submitted by 197 different Australian and International artists. Last year 21 international artists exhibited at Cottesloe from countries including China, Norway, USA, India and Japan to name a few.
The exhibition showcases 70 works on beautiful Cottesloe Beach in Perth, Western Australia and in 2013 attracted crowds of 200,000 people during the 3 week exhibition period.
If yourself or someone you know are interested in applying you may be interested in the artist support and subsidies that will be on offer for selected artists;
- The Town of Cottesloe has approved up to $40,000 in previous years to acquire a sculpture for the Town of Cottesloe Collection, with this arrangement expected to continue in 2014;
- Aluminium as a material for some Western Australian artists;
- Site specific artist subsidies of a total up to $10,000 to be distributed to eligible selected artists;
- The $5,000 Andrea Stretton Memorial Invitation to exhibit at Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2014;
- The $1,500 Sculpture Inside Curators Award; and
- A minimum artist subsidy on income of $1,250 for each Western Australian artist who does not otherwise net over $1,250 in sales, subsidies or prizes from the exhibition.
Submission forms can be downloaded from our Cottesloe Artist page. Please note that the deadline for all submissions is 6:00pm, Friday 2 August 2013.